Friday, July 15, 2011

Radiation--Day 10

Nine treatments down, sixteen to go.  No ill effects so far and only faint skin reactions.  Actually I'm not sure my skin is reacting at all, but it probably should be according to what they tell me. :)  I go back to my oncologist next Wednesday for another blood analysis and a quick check-in.  I will probabaly get a prescription to tamoxifin for the next five years.  My head looks like a budding chia pet  with just some darkening fuzz on the top.  Slow but sure.  I have heard that there is some research out there into using those commericial hair products to speed up growth but I don't think I'm there yet.  I'm doing my 4-mile jog-walk every morning.  It used to take me an hour and now I'm down to 54 minutes.  That's probably where it will stay until the weather gets a little cooler.  It's basically just one of those "get 'er done" kind of tasks that I am glad to check off early in the morning.  I am also trying to do some toning exercises in the afternoon, a little abs work, and some upper body conditioning.  I'm not very consistent with those, but it can only get better.  Heat is building this week so you have to get out early to enjoy some morning movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment