Monday, August 22, 2011

Done, Done, and Done

No more treatments, no more doctors (for at least a month) and no more cancer.  Friday was my last radiation treatment and other than this blog, I didn't really have to think about cancer much at all.  My radiation-burned skin is healing nicely and some areas areas area actually fading away.  My arm movements are back to normal.  What a glorious day in the neighborhood.  I also had a job interview last Friday with Johnson County Community College for a part-time worker in their assessment office.  I think it went well.  They have a few more interviews to do this week and then will give the lucky two or three a call-back for a second interview later this week.  I am also completing paperwork to be a substitute teacher in the Shawnee Mission School District where I live (the daily pay rate is very good!).  The JCCC job is only three days/nights a week so other days at my discretion could be spent subbing with unsuspecting rugrats who don't know me from Adam.   If you're going to be a sub that would seem to be a good situation to walk into and out of at the end of the day.  So here's to a good week and a possible job that would be a great fit for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment