Thursday, August 4, 2011

Radiation Therapy--Holding at 20

The lift-off for completing breast cancer therapy has been put on hold at 20.  The doctor wanted to give my skin a rest before completing the last five radiation treatments.  The skin looked a lot worse than it felt, but the doctor did not want it to get any worse.  I have never had any pain from the chest area, but the irritation under my arm has bee aggravating.  So I am just hanging out this week letting my skin breathe.  It looks a lot better today, if I do say so myself.  I will go back next Monday and hopefully they will let me finish the cycle.  I may have a few extra treatments under my arm the following week.  I'm still hanging in there with my 6 a.m. jog/walks.  I look forward to getting into cooler weather so I can turn that alarm off.   

No comments:

Post a Comment