Friday, June 10, 2011

C-R6-D3---Last Round of Chemo

Wednesday was my last chemo treatment and I had my magic shot yesterday.  Today, of course, is a yucky day while I wait for my stomach to right itself.....for the last time.  I see the doctor in three weeks to get what I hope are my final walking papers from his office, at least for a while.  I don't know how often I will see the oncologist, but I am sure he will give me an oral prescription of some kind.  I will be getting in touch with the radiologist soon to set up a planning session for my radiation treatments.  I am assuming I will be going to her office every day (except weekends) for at least 30 days which is pretty much standard treatment.  My next big milestone, other than getting through these next two or three days, is seeing my hair begin to grow.  Yeah!!!!!  It will be at least a  month I think.  I guess the hair follicles have to wake up from their 4 months sleep to realize that the coast is clear and the Pac-troops have  vacated the war zone.    Can't wait to see the new "do". 

2 comments:

  1. I second Cagey! Your attitude here is probably your best asset. I wonder what the 'new hair' will look like? :)

    ReplyDelete