Thursday, June 23, 2011

Radiation Go

I have deemed chemotherapy officially over as of yesterday since it would have been the first day of a new cycle.  I will have a relaxing celebration of its end overy dinner with friends tomorrow night.  Now all I have to do is keep my new and improved cells reproducing at faster rate and enjoy the increased energy, losing the runny nose, healing up residual mouth issues and watching for fuzz to begin growing on my head (and elsewhere that hair should be).  I saw my radiologist today, we took some pictures, and set up my radiology therapy schedule.  I will begin next Thursday and continue M-F for about 5 weeks.  If all has gone well, she wants to do some extra "bonus" treatments under my arm since that is where the cancer was trying to set up shop with its nasty tendrils of alien cancer cells.  That could produce some extra sore spots under my arm, but her positive remark was....skin will reproduce itself in a while and we don't want any microscopic cancer cells taking up residence in their old homestead.  My walking/jogging stamina is beginning to build back up and my jogging time is starting to overtake my walking time.  I'm down from a 60-minute walk to a 46-49 minute jog/walk.  I need to get my weight band routine going again along with those wonderful sit-ups and push-ups for some increased upper body workouts.  I'm having some company this weekend and going to a Royals game.  A good time will be had by all----I wish you the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment