Wednesday, June 1, 2011

C-R5-D8

Things are going well in round five especially since I am back in familiar territory.  I had a great weekend with a small cookout on Memorial Day with good friends, good food, and a couple of good movies.  No severe reactions of any kind, appetite is good though energy levels wane at times.  I have just had to learn to take things a little slower.  I can get the yard mowed just fine but it is more like taking the scenic route right now rather than my usual express route.  The lawn and flowers are looking good with all of the rain we've had.  I'll have to remember to give the flowers a spritz every day or so now that the rains have passed.  I got to resume my first jog/walk this morning after about three weeks of just barely walks.  I could probably walk as fast as I was jogging but it felt good to pick up the pace a little on the downhill slopes.  I went about 3 miles or so all together and it was 60 minutes of continual movement.  I'm going to try to work on my stamina this next week as I am on the uphill slope for my blood counts.  I hope to jog a few more steps each day and walk a few less.  Now that it's getting warmer I'll have to get my activities going earlier in the morning, not a bad thing.  I have my last treatment next Wednesday.  Yahooooooo.  So get out there and move around a little today and don't forget to appreciate what it means to feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment