Thursday, May 26, 2011

C-R6-D2

And the good news is...."No more taxotere".  Wednesday was a rather eventful day in the chemo room.  There were about 7 or 8 of us in various stages of treatment when the tornado sirens went off and we had to move to anThe inner hallway for about 20 - 30 minutes.  My oncology nurse had not had an opportunity to talk with my doctor the day before so we were waiting for a call from his that morning to see what my drug of choice would be.  In the meantime I was just getting my stream of pre-meds to prepare my body for the cancer drug.  The call from the doctor came in during the tornado watch that he thought the taxotere had definitely conflicted with my body chemistry and that instead of changing to a different drug we would just finish up with two more treatments of my previous two-drug combo.  I was quietly expressing my joy despite the seriousness of the tornado updates.  I have met the enemy with my previous treatments and I know I can handle it.  Plus I will be done ahead of schedule even though I have been delayed a week while recovering from the last treatment.  Once we were back in the chemo room I finished my treatment while dozing in the chair with weather updates in the background.  I have only one more treatment on June 8 (blood counts willling) and will start my radiation treatments after that.   It is wonderful to have this first end in sight.
I had no significant problems at all with radiation last time and don't anticipate any problems this time.
Here's to a good weekend.  I hope yours is as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment