Thursday, May 5, 2011

C-R5-D2

Did you notice the R5?  I am officially on the downhill side of chemo and actually feeling pretty good after the injection of this new drug Taxotare or something like that.  Hardly any stomach discontent at all, yeah! And no swelling of extremities of any kind.....yet, that is.  I'm told that I may experience a zonk next Wednesday, possibly a fever of some kind indicating the onset of some kind of infection.  This drug can do a number on the blood count at an earlier stage than the last set of drugs.  I'm not sure what "infection" means but I'm supposed to call the office if I have a definitive fever.  Since I didn't experience any zonks with the last set of drugs, I am hopeful that Wednesday will pass without incident as well.  There could also be a rash on the palms of your hands that will actually peel the skin so I am hoping to get a pass on that symptom as well.
I hope to keep my exercise regimen going such as it is and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I have some online work coming in now so something to do for pay is great as well.  Looks like it's going to be a great weekend so get out there and do some moving.   

1 comment:

  1. Glad for the online work, but I know that keeps you rooted in your chair a bit. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete