Tuesday, May 10, 2011

C-R5-D7

Taxotere is really a bear.  I know now why chemo patients would want to stay in bed and pull the covers over their heads.  It is hard to get moving in the mornings.  I slept through most of the night without waking which is great, but awoke with a little fever this morning.  This particular drug is know to cause fevers about mid-cycle and then the body starts to recover.  (That's my hope anyway.)  If the fever gets too high it could be a sign of infection due to low blood counts so I will monitor, take some Tylenol, and drink plenty of liquids. I also have a little swelling in my hands, especially the right one.  If the Pac-troops were my symbol for the first two drugs, then these new forces must be similar to the Navy Seals who took out Osama Ben Laden....real serious dudes.  I just have to believe that they're getting the job done.  I've been working online quite a bit this last week, so that at least has given me something to do.  One of my jobs involves grading Praxis questions for individuals who are trying to get temporary certification to teach in mathematics.  So far, most of the questions I've graded, I didn't know much about until I read the expected responses.  How things have changed in education over the last 40 years.  Well, I was really hoping to get out and walk this morning, but need to wait until the temp goes down.  Don't skip on your exercise today.    

1 comment:

  1. I plan to get me some exercise! You kick that fever's tail!

    ReplyDelete