Monday, May 23, 2011

C-R5-D20

After re-reading my last post I can tell that I was operating on "chemo-brain".  There was at least one statement that didn't make sense.  This too shall pass and I shall try to do a better job of thinking and typing.  It has been a mostly uneventful last few days.  I was still taking Tylenol for chills and fever on Thursday but could go longer between doses before the chills kicked in.  Nights were broken up by changing wet t-shirts and taking more Tylenol.  Friday I went most of the day without Tylenol, one dose about 3:30 in the afternoon for fever.  Friday night I just went to bed without taking my temp or taking Tylenol.  More wet t-shirts to change during the night.  I haven't taken any Tylenol since that last dose.  I think I can feel some slight fluctuations in my temperature but have decided just to ignore it.  I am feeling stronger and am getting my equilibrium back.  I am wearing shorts and t-shirts again rather than jeans and long-sleeve shirts (for the chills) so that is a good sign.  I am enjoying meals more.  My hands and arms had some pealing skin issues due to the taxotere...a common side effect.  That is better as well.
Nights still find me waking up a couple of times with a damp t-shirt so I'm still not sure what that is about.  And let's not forget the tornado sirens at 11:00 Saturday evening.  Those always help lower the stress level from a taxing day.  :)  I am so glad the really severe weather passed us by once again. Wednesday is my 6th treatment day and I'm not sure what that will bring, but I really hope it is not taxotere.  I'm off for a little longe walk this morning to build up some stamina for the next round.
Don't forget to add some extra movement to your own routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment