Friday, April 15, 2011

C-R3-D10

Fatigue is a very isidious enemy.  My first month of activities went on as usual with no noticeable loss of energy.  However, this last week has been a different entity.  From the literature, I got the impression that fatigue would drop on you like a ton of bricks and you wouldn't want to get out of bed or take an interest in regular activities.  Not so.  Fatigue creeps in when you least expect.  My last four efforts at my usual 4-mile jog have been sabotagued.  One turned into walking after the first mile.  My legs felt like they weighed fifty. pounds apiece and that was on the slight incline as I left my driveway.   Because my route is somewhat hilly, I just gave in to a walk after the first mile and made it home a few minutes later (my jog isn't actually that much faster than my walk :)).  At the next attempt, I made it to the two-mile mark and yesterday, I made it about three and a half miles before giving myself permission to walk the rest of the way.  I hope to make the full jaunt tomorrow, mind willing.  The other interesting note is that I don't feel the need to sleep or nap extra to make up for the loss of energy.  That's probably a good thing.  I don't not want to exercise so that's a good thing as well.  My patio project is coming along nicely as well, a little slower than I might ordinarily go at it but going just the same.  All in all, the Pac-troops are doing a great job and I have one more treatment of this drug combo, before moving on to another drug.  So exercise duty calls inside on this rainy day and you do the same.   

No comments:

Post a Comment