Friday, March 11, 2011

C-R1-D4

Bummer!  Yesterday was crummmmmmmmy!  I woke up in the middle of the night with a rolling stomach and decided to "gut" it out, probably a poor decision on my part since I have medication for this.  It was nothing big on the scale of possibilities but just queasiness.  I stumbled out of bed about 7:00 and took the medication, but had no desire to do anything but huddle under my blanket in my faithful recliner. (I am not a go-back-to-bed-during-the-day kind of person.) I'm not sure what the medication did, but I didn't actually throw up which is probably good.  I think I probably over did it with my Wednesday night meal since I was feeling good, so now I have internalized that lesson.  :)  There seemed to be an over-abundance of food commercials on TV Wednesday which made me wonder if I would ever want to eat real food again.  Toast and juice were my close companions during the day and I actually had some scrambled eggs for supper which wasn't bad.  I just referred to my Excel spreadsheet of dietary choices for a rocky stomach.  Decision easy. 
I'm off to see my surgeon this afternoon to get an after-surgery check to make sure incisions are healing well.  It's been six weeks so I am hoping for an exercise update so that maybe I can start jogging again instead of just walking when I feel up to it or maybe some light weight exercises.  I'm sure some sit up exercises wouldn't hurt either.  I want to stay involved in weight-bearing exercises since my mom had osteoporosis
and seems like chemo can contribute to bone-loss as well.  So get out there and take a walk this afternoon and enjoy the sunshine.  I plan to.  Have a good weekend and if you are on spring break next week here's a tip for those of you who want to come back to work with a little glow of sun on your cheeks.....just get a steroid injection and you will have pink cheeks for a couple of days.  Yes, I got first hand experience on that one since one of my drugs is a steroid.  I wonder if all of those athletes who said that they didn't take steroids had overly pink cheeks? 

No comments:

Post a Comment