Thursday, March 24, 2011

C-R2-D2

Two down, six to go.  Another hurdel cleared.  I had an afternoon chemo session yesterday and all is well.  According to my doctor, I am above the normal curve for chemo symptons and my reaction to them so that is good.  My blood count numbers were all in great shape with an actual increase in white count from my base number.  That explains the fact that I did not have a decrease in energy levels.  Another question answered is that the symptom reactions don't usually worsen as you have more treatments. The first week is apparently a good indicator of how things will go and symptoms can often improve as you progress.  I  feel better this morning than I did the first morning after my first treatment....anyway I think I do at least mentally if not physically.  I am going to take it easier on food these next two days to try to keep the rocky third day from reappearing.  I am still enjoying my hair, though some strands are beginning to fall as I brush my hair.  The doctor said another week would probably take it's toll on my hair.  I have wondered about how long the drugs are in my system and they are apparently gone withing two to three days, so it is just their effects of destroyed "normal" cells that are left for my body to deal with.  So lets keep up the good work Pac troops and have another good two weeks.  I am going strong on my patio project and would like to be finished by the next treatment.  Goals are good.  Looks like rain is coming for the next 3 or 4 days so basketball it is and maybe some good tv reruns of shows I missed the first time around.  I'm also reading a new Stephen King book, Fulll Dark, No Stars....good imagery as always.  Have a good weekend and don't forget to work in some exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment